Sunday, September 30, 2007

Journal #14

Actually, I don't know any child in America. Sometimes, I can see the children and their parent in the restaurant or on the street. As I saw, their parents give them much freedom. For example, they can usually go outside to play with their friends. Comparing to me, when I was child, my parents didn't like me to go to outside to play with my friends. On the other hand, in America, their attitudes toward their elders or others in authority are like friends. They can call their elders' name and usually are not shy to ask question. In my opinion, in America theie parents want to train their childern to be independent. On the contray, in Taiwan, their childern are more dependent on their parents.

1 comment:

leinster said...

Dependence on our parents as children is not all that bad. It's when parents don't know how to let go, that's when it gets bad.