Monday, September 3, 2007

Journal Entry #1

Describe yourself as a writer. How do you write? What do you like to write about? Take at least 20 minutes to respond (or 500 words).

When I was a elementary and junior high school strdent, every week I must write some essays. But the topics were always boring and serious. The teachers taught everyone to use the same ways to write essays and we must remember a lot of sentences which are wrote or said by some famous people. For me, writing is just for exams. When I was writting, I didn't feel some interesting or funny. Therefore, I don't like writing. When I was a university student, I didn't need to write essays. Because my major was Electronic engineering, we didn't have to write many essays and actually I didn't like writing. So English writing is difficult for me. When I take Toefl test, I don't have enough time to write an essay. And even I have time, writing my idea in English sometimes is difficult.

But journal is more interesting than formal essay. I can share my life with my friends and release my emotion on internet. Although I don't like writing, writing journal is the way to study English.

No comments: